Type-C is a connection interface of USB interface, which can be inserted in both sides of the front and back. The size is about 8.3mm x 2.5mm, and it supports USB standard charging, data transmission and display output as well as other interfaces.The birth of Type-C cable and ultra-thin mobile phones are closely linked, because the direction without limit, reduce wear conditions, the Type-C can occupy less of interior space, for mobile phone product designers, this small change can bring more possibilities, may break the body thickness of the thinnest records. Since Type-C cable has many advantages, what is it that restricts its popularity?
Advantages of the type-c data line
1. This feature greatly reduces the error rate due to the availability of both sides. It’s almost 0;
2. Type-C adopts USB 3.1 standard, which can theoretically transfer up to 10Gbps; so the speed of transmission is much faster than USB.
3. The occupied area can be used to reduce the production space for most equipment and reduce the thickness, especially for mobile phones characterized by “thin”.
4. Using the USB 3.1 standard type-c interface to support the output power of up to 100W, and the interface can not only realize two-way power supply
Disadvantages of Type-C data line
1. Type-C supported mobile phones or smart devices, currently, relatively few.
2. Type-C is not compatible with current Micro USB devices;
3. New technology source, must embrace high cost, the production cost of type-c is also higher than USB. The price has been slow to fall due to the lack of universality at present, and the price should be reduced if it is used later.
4. due to the Type-C has the character of open, flexible, once the hacker attacks, great influence, especially in the face of Bad USB hole, easy to malicious code infection to other electronic devices, and the possibility of repair is smaller.
This is why Type-C is so closely followed and used, for the most part lies in the technological breakthrough, which is better for practicality.